Wiltshire Wood Recycling
• Diverts wood from landfill (we are also part of the National Community Wood Recycling Project)
• Sells quality wood at affordable prices to trade and to the public
• Provides volunteering + training opportunities
• Commercial users of wood
• Domestic users of wood
• Commercial producers of timber waste
Wiltshire Wood Recycling is your economic and environmental alternative to:
• Builders merchants
• DIY Superstores
What we do:
• We collect waste wood from construction, joinery and other businesses at a fee below that of conventional skip hire
• We then grade the wood and sell the grade 1 wood
• We manufacture and sell quality wood products
• We sell kindling and firewood
• Poorer quality wood will be sent for chipping or manufacture into chip board
• We do not send any wood to landfill.
We also offer work in open spaces (clearance, fly-tipping removal, installations) and are licensed waste carriers. We can offer recycling of Card, Plastics, Scrap etc, call for details.
Why recycle wood:
• Only 10% of the estimated 9 million tonnes of waste wood is recycled (WRAP)
• A vast quantity of wood can be saved from landfill and chipping thereby extending the life of current sites and delaying the opening of new sites.
• We can reduce the volume of imported wood, energy use and costs
Wiltshire Wood Recycling is an Award winning ‘not for profit’ Community Interest Company, formed in early 2006 to offer environmental and social benefits to the community of Wiltshire. We save wood waste from landfill and offer volunteering opportunities to members of the community.
Work opportunities are offered on a paid and voluntary basis to people who find it hard to enter/re-enter the job market.
Our clients range from one person businesses to national building groups.
Wiltshire Wood Recycling is based in Castle Combe and is ideally placed to serve the South West. Our vehicles run on Bio-fuels where possible to reduce our carbon footprint and minimise the environmental impact of any collections or deliveries.